"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Monday, May 23, 2011

Just a Swingin

Any of you remember the childrens' book series Just Me and My Dad (with other Just Me and  . . . )? Well I got to do that this weekend. He and I got to do "just" what we wanted to do: sitting around the kitchen table and talking - that is his favorite place to sit and talk - or sitting on the screened in back porch swinging.

We have had some mighty special talks around the kitchen table - some serious and a lot of not so serious. One of my special memories of a serious discussion had to do with me going on my first "car date". Daddy sat there and talked to me and pretty much told me what he expected of me and what to do if things did not go well. (We always had a dime in our shoe in case we needed to call home. Yep, those were the days of pay phones and a dime would do it!) The whole time he was sharing his wisdom he had a pocket knife and he was scratching the top of our wood kitchen table. Yep, he scratched the finish right off the corner of it. I know now that was a pretty hard discussion for him :-) I now have that kitchen table in my garage. Memories, memories, memories.

We had some more talks this weekend just a swingin on the back porch.

"Precious and few are the moments we two can share."

No comments:

Post a Comment