"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Saturday, August 13, 2011

It Just Ain't Right!

Favoritism.

Have you ever seen it? Ever experienced it? Ever shown it?

Where have you seen it? At work? At School? In the Government? In the Church? In your home?

It's just not fair is it. I can say that when I am the one who is not receiving special treatment. I feel hurt. I feel rejected. Thoughts start running through my mind like: Why do "they" think that person is so special? They are not any different from me.

But what if I am the one showing favoritism? What are my reasons for doing that? Is it all of a sudden okay since I am the one doing it?

Scripture says: "My dear brothers and sisters,how can you claim to have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people over others?" James 2:1 (NLT)

I have to ask myself: "What is my standard for how I respond to people?" Do I base it on how they are dressed? Whether or not they are clean? The way they talk? Does my first impression take priority over what it is going on deep down inside that person?

"There but for the grace of God goes I."  He extends grace. He extends mercy.

James 2:12-13: "So whatever you say or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law that sets you free.  There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when he judges you." (NLT)

Favoritism - It Just Ain't Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment