"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Anticipating 2010

As I write this we are about 10 hours away from a brand new year and new decade. I always enjoy the anticipation and excitement of a new year. I try to use this time to reflect on accomplishments and growth of the present year and see where I can make improvements in the coming year.

We have been blessed with good health this year and trusting God for more of the same. Charlie and I have had opportunities for bible study ministries at our local church and are open to what God has in store for us in that area. New friendships have been made. We have traveled and look for more of that in the new year.

I am learning that at this stage of life each and every moment is important. I do not need to miss a single day of living life to the fullest. I tend to assume that tomorrow is mine and I am not promised that. The dishes can wait and so can the house cleaning! I am reminded of how precious family is and that I don't spend near as much time as I would like with them. I have realized how important it is to nurture friendships and that you have to be a friend to have a friend.

So as the New Year steadily approaches, I pray that in 2010 I will not miss an opportunity to live, laugh and love! Blessings to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment