"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Sunday, September 5, 2010

When you least expect Him . . .

I don't know why I should be so surprised that God shows up when I least expect Him - like I have to be prepared for Him everytime. I often am looking and searching and inviting but I never quite get there. Last night in a hospital room with my sister He did what he does best - magnifies and manifests His presence when we are absolutely at the end of ourselves.

Often I long for His presence and it just doesn't happen. That is because it is usually on my terms: when, where, how. But last night as she and I were at the end of ourselves and did not know what to do to bring comfort to her, we held hands and prayed - she surrendering herself to His perfect healing. As she finished - in His perfect timing "Surely the Presence" began to play on the Ipod we had been listening to. I could smell His presence. I don't know if that has every happened to you but for the first time in a very long time I was enveloped with the sweet aroma of my precious Rose of Sharon. Tears flowed down my cheeks as His presence surrounded me.

Within 30 minutes it was a turning point in her healing.

His presence, comfort and peace - when I least expected it.

No comments:

Post a Comment