"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Aren't they just GRAND!

It is difficult to express how you feel when you have given birth. It's all about the anticipation, the excitement and the reality of the responsibility that comes with that. Sometimes I look back and feel I didn't spend enough quality time with my children. I was so busy working, taking care of our home, trying to make time for Charlie and taking care of Kelly and Dana that I feel like I missed out on some special moments with them. I just know they said a lot of cute things but my poor mind was operating on so many different levels that there is much I do not remember.

However in God's perfect plan He gives many of us opportunities to be "grands". We get to do those fun things with our children again only they are grandchildren. This time around I am slowing down and enjoying them. I am paying attention to those cute little things they say and do - not that I will remember them any better but I am paying attention. :-)

We recently celebrated the birth of our second grandchild, Rebekah Lane Wynn. I looked at her and wondered what she was going to be like in four years. I say that because her sister, Anna, will celebrate her fourth birthday in October. I could not imagine what kind of personality Anna would have and how much she would change each year. And so it will be with Rebekah.

So our precious Rebekah - Gran and Grandad are looking foward to getting to know you and spending time with you. What a blessing you are!




No comments:

Post a Comment