"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Been A While

No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I haven't written in almost three weeks. I have had the most wonderful opportunity to share in the birth of our second granddaughter, Rebekah. I have been back and forth to their home for the past two weeks helping out where I could. Mostly taking care of Anna so that Kelly could devote time to Rebekah.

This week Kelly, Anna and Rebekah have been with us while Greg was on a business trip. I hope that I have thoroughly spoiled Kelly in that she feels some of the babying and pampering that has been given to Anna and Rebekah. Charlie and I have concentrated this week on relieving her of as many responsibilties as we could so that she might rest and adjust gradually to the care of two small children. Our days have been filled playing kick ball, riding Chester - that is Anna's horse tire swing, checking to see if there are any deer roaming the fields, going to soccer games and the park.

As I have helped her I have reflected on what it was like when she and Dana were small. I don't remember it being hard but that's why God gives you children when you are young. That bed feels mighty good to me and Charlie when we go to bed.

We have thoroughly enjoyed having them with us. And when it is time for them to go I know this house will be way to quiet. It has made our days and weeks go by quickly. We will adjust and we look forward to another long visit.

In the meantime, enjoy a few pictures of our adventures. God bless you.









1 comment:

  1. What precious photos! I can see you've had your hands full helping with your adorable granddaughters...how blessed are you?

    ReplyDelete