"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Saturday, October 30, 2010

What are your colors?

It is a beautiful fall Saturday and we can watch college football all day specifically SEC football. We love college football at our house and we are die hard Georgia Bulldog fans. We bleed red and black.

I love my Georgia Bulldogs - win or lose. Obviously it is easier to love them when they win. Game time is just around the corner so I had to get ready. You know what I mean - put on all the red and black attire I can: the tshirt, the earrings, the pin. Had to make sure the UGA flag is flying on the front porch. Got the snack food ready and of course they are in red and black bowls and platters. Go DAWGS!

As I was getting dressed, I had some thoughts go through my mind about wearing my Dawg colors and how that is like putting on my Jesus colors. Do I get as excited each day about serving Jesus and let my Jesus colors be seen: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control?  Do I show the same excitement for Jesus each day as I do when I am cheering on the Bulldogs? Do I love my Jesus in the good times and the bad?

Jesus loves me win or lose.  He is cheering me on each and every day - when I play well and when I don't. He loves me good or bad - of course it's easier for Him too when I am good. It is a beautiful day with Him every day. And He is a die hard Pam fan! He bled for me.

I need to put on Christ each and every day. How about you and your Jesus colors?

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an uplefting and encourage post today. Your so right we need to put Christ on all the time not just for church. His word tells us that His ownership is upon us and we really need to claim it. THanks for the reminder of His goodness!

    ReplyDelete