"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

There ARE scarier things than getting older!

I recently celebrated my birthday and this is the card my husband gave me:

And the sentiment inside: "There are scarier things than getting older." I loved it! Sweet, mushy cards are really nice but ever so often I need one that just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. This did the trick. He's right - this IS SCARIER than getting older.

I had a fabulous day! I mean how could you not have a good day after such a wonderful start. I received phone calls, cards, FB wishes and emails all day long. I felt very special.

We drove to Montezuma, Georgia for lunch and ate at Yoder's Restaurant. Yoder's Deitsch Haus Restaurant and Bakery is a cafeteria that serves lunch and dinner. It sits along side a peaceful country road in Mennonite farmland.

Yep, this was my plate and I did NOT eat the whole thing! We met my Daddy, sister, and brother-in-law there. My daddy and sister have birthdays later in July. Don't know if I could handle going back that soon!
We rode a little further to William L. Brown Farms. Lots of fresh produce AND some yummy peach ice cream. They had a huge field planted in zinnias and sunflowers - I LOVE sunflowers!

When we left them, we did something that Charlie and I have always loved to do and that is ramble. So we didn't take I75 back home. I guess you could say we took the back roads. Proved to provide some interesting sites.

 
Train depot in Lilly, Georgia
Somewhere off Hwy 90 -  a Red Dirt Road.   Always reminds me of the Brooks and Dunn song: Red Dirt Road

A Perfect Day!
It was so good that I celebrated again the next day with Charlie's family. I am a blessed woman :-)

1 comment: