"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fear Not

When I woke up this morning, I felt disoriented, confused. It was an uneasy feeling. I did remember dreaming but nothing that was scary or fearful. I have told Charlie many mornings after he has shared his "dreams" with me that I don't dream. I know that is not true but I can't remember the dreams if I do. I think that is perfectly alright because I have way too many other things that I have to concentrate on remembering that are actually going to be things I will deal with that day. But this confusion/feeling of forgetfulness scared me somewhat. As I lay there, God told me to read Psalm 100. So I got up and I did just that and from that it led me to 2 Corinthians 9:8 which then led me to Numbers 6:24-26 and lastly Psalm 23. Thank you Father.

So I am going to share them with you and maybe someone reading this will take comfort from them too.

Psalm 100:
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his,
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.


Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.


2 Corinthians 9:8
 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I pray that you can take comfort in any of these verses if you woke up anxious this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment