"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Let It Go


Do I have much in my purse but not much in my person? Today's summer reading plan at the Adel Assembly of God is Mark 10. Jesus speaks to the rich young man and the young man asks 'What must I do to inherit eternal life?',  Jesus basically tells him to 'Go, sell everything you have and give . . . '

Two words jumped out at me SELL and GIVE! There is more to life than riches and I understand that but whoa - the flesh hangs on doesn't it? I asked myself some questions: What barriers are keeping me from turning my WHOLE life over to God and serving? You see, it's not just about money. What things or activities keep me from serving?

If Jesus asked me or you to give up our house? our car? our job? our  hobbies? . . . you fill in the blank . . . to serve Him, what would our reaction be?

There is more to life than financial riches.

No comments:

Post a Comment