"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Monday, July 7, 2014

Masters and Slaves

Masters and Slaves: these words readily bring up negative connotations for me.

When I think of Masters, I think of someone or something controlling everything about me: what I can and cannot do which results in me becoming a Slave.

Paul writes in Romans Chapters 5 and 6 that the sin of Adam made all mankind sinners and separated us from God but through Jesus we were restored to RIGHTEOUSNESS with God. We were ruined by sin and rescued by Christ. AMAZING! 


Romans 6:14: "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under GRACE."

Two key words here ~  RIGHTEOUSNESS and GRACE:
RIGHTEOUSNESS: a right relationship with God
GRACE: unconditional love of God

That is pretty AMAZING -- HIS GRACE!

After I posted this earlier, the Lord reminded me of an old song that says this perfectly:
"Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorrow I felt. Then Jesus came and listened to me and glory to God He set me free ~ He set me free, yes, He set me free. He broke the bonds of prison for me. I'm glory bound my Jesus to see for glory to God ~ He set me free."

No comments:

Post a Comment