"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Monday, July 28, 2014

Each One Reach One

As I am following the reading schedule for the book of John we have for the next several weeks at the Adel Assembly of God, I keep going back to John 1. I am reminded how fresh His word is each day even if I were to read the same scripture every day.

Here are my stand out verses for today:

John 1:33 "I would not have known him, EXCEPT that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me . . ."

John 1:41 "The FIRST thing Andrew did was find his brother Simon and tell him, 'We have found the Messiah' (that is, the Christ). And he brought him to Jesus."

John 1:45 "Philip FOUND Nathanael and told him . . ."

Jesus shared with John, John shared with Andrew, Andrew shared with his brother Simon (Peter) and BROUGHT him to Jesus, Andrew FOUND Nathanael and shared with him . . .

Look at Andrew's priorities once he heard what John the Baptist shared with him. He was a man convicted, convinced and committed. WOW! He is not one that I generally focus on when I have read this scripture. 

He was a man of action and a man on a mission. Got me to thinking: Who have I shared Jesus with lately and more importantly who have I brought to Jesus lately? How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment