"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Thursday, July 10, 2014

NOT GUILTY



For me Romans 8 is probably one of the most powerful chapters in Paul's writings. After writing so much about our sinful nature, he begins with a WOWSER statement. Romans 8: 1-2 "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those WHO ARE IN CHRIST JESUS because through Christ Jesus, the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death."

VERDICT: I am judged NOT guilty, I am set free.

The key to this verdict is a life in Jesus with the leading of the Holy Spirit - which is another discussion all unto its self. So I will save that for later as I meditate on my NOT GUILTY verdict because of my hope in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment