"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Who Are You?


Have you ever really thought about that - "Who are You"? As I read John 1:22 "Finally they said, "Who are you? . . ." I paused and reflected on how I would answer that question?
I can give all kinds of facts about me: where and when I was born, where I have lived, places I have been, schools I have attended, jobs I have had . . .

But in my soul, in my most inner being, in my heart - who am I? I guess some have battles within themselves as to who they are. Others are still searching. But I have a peace about who I am and whose I am.


I am a child of the one true King! There is not a doubt in my mind or in my heart who I am. This song by Matthew West says it best:

"Hello, my name is child of the one true King.
I've been save, I've been changed, I have been set free.
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing. . . ."

How about you?

Who are you? Or I guess a better question is ~ WHOSE are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment