"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey, Almost No Ham and Hair Curlers Day

As I write this I am relaxing after a very long but very good day of food, fellowship and family. It started around 6 a.m. with me getting up to put the ham in the oven. (Another family member was bringing the turkey, I don't do well with cooking the turkey). There was a little scare about the ham so I was very thankful to have "one". Kelly and Greg had gone on Wednesday evening to take care of some Christmas items for Anna and I asked them to stop and get a ham for me. Of course, as usual, nothing is really simple for me. That's what makes life "exciting" around here. Kelly called about 5:15 p.m. to say they were at WalMart to get the ham and they were OUT of hams. Oh my, Oh my!

I began to panic. Yes, I should have gotten it earlier in the week but my refrigerator was so full that I did not have room for it and was waiting until the "last minute" to purchase it. Charlie was somewhat perturbed when I told him I had to make another run to the grocery store in another location to get a ham. After a record time to and from the store, I secured a ham.

The morning was pretty hectic as I was preparing the ham, the dressing, a squash casserole and a broccoli casserole. I took a quick shower in between getting the ham in the oven and starting the casseroles and dressing. As I was getting dressed, I put curlers in my hair (yep, I am really telling my age there). My plans were to leave them in about 15 minutes. But as I got back to the kitchen to check on things, I got so busy trying to finish up I didn't have time to go back and take them out. Well if the truth were known, I actually just slap forgot that I had them in. The next thing I knew our guests begin arriving and, yes, I greeted them at the door with the curlers in my hair. It's a good thing that all of them were family and I didn't have to worry about making a good first impression. They love me anyway and that's a good thing.

Hope you were blessed today with family who love you just the way you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment