"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sunflowers

My husband planted a food plot several months ago and I asked if he would plant some sunflower seeds among the peas. He did that for me last year and I loved to go out and cut me a "bouquet" of them to put in my kitchen. He has done that for me this year and have had several bouquets already.

I had always heard that sunflowers face the east and if you go by a field of them, notice that. Their beautiful faces lift themselves up toward the sun. It seems that no one really knows why they do this. As I have been enjoying them, I have noticed that some of them that face the sun also have their blooms slightly tilted down.

I thought of this as I went out to take a picture of them. We should be like the sunflowers: Always facing the "Son", lifting our heads in praise to the "Son" and bowing our heads in prayer to the "Son".

One of my hobbies for now is making cards. So this morning, I am also posting a sunflower card that I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment