"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

So it is the first day of a new year and the beginning of a new decade! Oh my goodness. That is hard to believe. Do you remember how scared we were when the year 2000 rolled around? We were so concerned about whether or not our computers would continue to function or if the entire world of technology would crash. But here we are ten years later and more engrossed in technology than ever.

I love new beginnings. I love the start of a new day. I use to love the first day of school of a new year because I had new notebooks for school that were fresh and clean - no mistakes in them. I had new pencils, new book bag, new shoes and new clothes to start the school year. It was so exciting!

I still try to look at each new year that way - a new beginning. But even more precious is each day that I am given - a new beginning -a chance to do some positive things, to make a difference in someone's life.

May the New Year be kind to you and yours and may you grow in wisdom and strength. As I am thinking of this past year and all that has occurred, I am ever so thankful for the blessings I received in the good and the bad times. I am thankful for the things I have learned and treasuring memories.

I don't want to make the mistake of trying to make so many resolutions that I can't keep up with them or in my case can't remember them :-) and then feel like a failure because I was not able to accomplish them. I want to be able to do a few things well.

I have shared with some that this past week on K-Love listeners were encouraged to find one word that they would concentrate on instead of making resolutions. His word was "presence". He was going to focus on the presence of God each day in his life. I have chosen to focus on the word "hope". I want to remember each and every day that there is hope for me, there is hope for us all because without hope we would be lost.

Here are some scriptures that encourage me:
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment