"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Challenge for the New Year

I guess I could call this my resolution for the New Year but as I have indicated I have not had a whole lot of confidence in my resolutions. With that I am challenging myself to memorize one verse per month so that at the end of the year I will have 12 verses that I will be able to readily draw from.

For some of you that may not seem like a lot of verses to memorize but at this stage of my life remembering where I put my reading glasses is a challenge! I am a strong believer in having the word in your heart and better yet your mind so that you can call it forth not only for myself but for someone else who might need it. I was reading Beth Moore's blog on her December 26 post where she is challenging women to memorize two scriptures a month. I hear so many women tell me their desire to memorize scripture but find it diffcult to do so.

I accepted this challenge with my own version - I will memorize 1 verse per month. I have a set of note cards that I am using. I am trying my very best to recite it or write it as often as possible each and every day. So if you see it on my blog or Facebook often - know that I have not become senile - but it is my way of memorizing His word. I know He will honor that and use it to His Glory.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam...I love your challenge! Memorizing a verse a month sounds totally doable and I think I will join you. Just as your cardmaking inspires my creativity, so you have inspired and challenged me to consciously "hide God's Word in my heart".....
    blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete