"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Monday, January 10, 2011

Loving Well

I am so excited! I just had the most wonderful fellowship with a group of women last night as we came together to do a study on Loving Well. It is one of Beth Moore's that she used on a retreat weekend. We are going to do a four week study with it. I thought it would be a great beginning for a new year.

We laughed as we were introduced to four types of people that we have in our life and we are called to love them. The joke may be on us because whether we realize it or not for some people we may fall into one of those categories of people who are hard to love. It is going to be interesting as these personalities develop and we learn how to "love well".

It has spoken to me already. So I am off to do my journaling for the day - it is quiet here as Charlie has Grand Jury Duty today and it is very wet and cold outside. Lots of folks got snow in north Georgia ~ we were only blessed with rain and cold here in south Georgia. So I am going to curl up on the couch with a cup of coffee and spend some time with my Father as He helps me to discover where I am with my loving.

Until ~ I will leave you with part of the scripture we are concentrating on: 

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. I John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment