"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mountains out of Mole Hills

Ever done that - made mountains out of mole hills. I have. How does it happen? It often occurs when I over react to situations. Why do I do that? I think it is usually due to stress. I find myself in a situation where dealing with it is just too overwhelming. I am confused as to what the right decision is. There are too many variables or I don't have enough information to made a wise decision. So what do I do in a situation like that? I tend to want to remove myself from it if I can. I don't want to deal with a bad situation. I don't the know if the situation is worth fighting over or for. How about you?

As I studied Esther this week, she is confronted with having to make a decision as whether she will approach King Xerxes on behalf of her people. All this time she has been asked to hide the fact that she is a Jew and now it is all about to blow up in her face. All she has really had to deal with in the palace were those things that dealt with the smooth flow of the daily operations. Her world was about to explode. A mountain was definitely being made out of a mole hill.

Decisions have to be made. Some of my mole hills are definitely worth defending. Are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment