"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Sunday, April 18, 2010

They Don't Miss a Thing

Kelly and Anna are with us for their spring break this week. I always learn so much and am amused and amazed by the wisdom of a child.

I think I have shared that when Anna gets up she always comes to our room and tells us "Gran, it is morning time." So, Saturday when she got up, she comes in our room at 6:45 a.m. to tell me that she is hungry and time to get up. I coaxed her to get in the bed with me by telling her we needed to watch the clock and when it got to be 7 0 0 we could get up. By the way, we have one of those projection clocks so that you can lay in bed and look at the time on the ceiling. She proceeded to read what she saw. "A M" I said "Very good, that stands for morning." She says, "No Gran. A is for Anna and M is for Mama." So glad she corrected me on that. I have been wrong about that for too many years.

This morning in she comes again and whispers in my ear "Gran it's morning time." I told her that it wasn't time to get up yet. She says, "Yes, Gran. The clock says 7 0 1" and you know what. It did. Oh my, Oh my. Thinking I don't need to be working with her on her numbers either.

They Don't Miss A Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment