"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Saturday, March 19, 2011

You're In Good Hands

I'm not usually scared of being by myself but sometimes there are things that go "bump" in the night that will make me second guess my safety. I start thinking about where the closest thing is that I could use as protection. I don't particularly like walking around in the dark when I am in new surroundings either. The fear of the unknown can be quite intimidating.

Fear can keep us from enjoying life. Oh to see life through the eyes of a child! Most of them see no fear. They frolic and play. They get so excited anticipating visiting new places. They do silly things. They have tea parties and imaginary friends. When our four year old granddaughter Anna was two, she use to talk about a friend of hers a lot. Her name is Sally Boola. Don't you just love that name! She was always expecting Sally Boola to come to her house or she always had plans to visit Sally's house. As Anna is growing up, she doesn't talk about Sally Boola anymore. That makes me sad because we had such fun talks about Sally. I think I miss Sally more than Anna does. I love the imagination of a child! I love their freedom.

I need to be free. I do not need to be afraid. Sometimes I lose sight of God's glory and forget what I have to look forward to. I do not need to be so consumed with trivial inconveniences of everyday life that I forget that one glorious day all our trouble and pain will vanish. I need to live each day knowing that I am in good hands and that each and every day He gives me should be an anticipation of joy!

I'm thinking I may just have to call Sally Boola and ask her to come to my house for a tea party. Would you like to come too?

No comments:

Post a Comment