"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Authentic Love

I guess we each have our own list of songs that remind us of what love is or maybe is not. Some songs that come to mind for me are (now remember I am as old as dirt, so some of you may not be able to relate to these): "All You Need Is Love" - The Beatles, "Looking for Love" - Johnny Lee, "What the World Needs Now" - Carpenters and one very recent "Love Me" - J J Heller.

The power of love should never be short changed. Romans 13:8 "Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another for he who loves his fellow man has fulfilled the law." God gave us the ten commandments but Paul writes in Romans 13:9 " . . . These - and other commandments-are summed up in this one commandment:'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "

So my question is this: Do you love yourself? Do you know that you are so loved that it is okay to love yourself? A precious friend of mine shared this song by J J Heller with me. I was so touched by the words in "Love Me". Allow me to share part of the song with you.

She first begins the chorus with:
Who will love me for me?
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me?
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love, what love really means


and then she ends the song with this chorus:

I will love you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew 


Here is a link where you can listen to it and see all the lyrics. Love Me - J J Heller

Real love changes people. Authentic Love. God's Love. I must know that I am REALLY loved by God and once I accept that fact, I can then love myself- the good, the bad, the ugly. I can cry with people who hurt because I have hurt. (By the way, I am a good crier). I can laugh with people because I have laughed. That's how I am able to love the unlovable. It is authentic love. It is authentic because I have been there.

I fell in love with the King. He adopted me. That means I became a princess. I am worthy to be loved and love. You are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment