"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Monday, March 1, 2010

Out of My Mind

What is a good day for you? One of my daughters told me once that a good day is when "It's a good day when I don't lose any money and no one dies." In this day and age that is a good day especially the part about not losing any money. A good day for me is one in which I feel I have been productive. A day when I have gotten a lot of things done. However, was my good day a good day for anyone else?

Romans 12 gives great insight as to how we can have a good day.
Consider this:
  1. Really love. No hypocrisy, no play-acting, no ulterior motive. 
  2. Be good. You're not really good if you're good because you fear the consequences of being bad.
  3. Honor one another. There is someone you know today who feels neglected.
  4. Cry with someone. Someone shared this with me once: 'Folks have to cry together before they're friends. The bond of tears is strong.' Yes, it is a good day if you share tears.
  5. Don't think you are better than you really are. Wow! I have a story I will try to share sometime. I call it my Crazy Mary story.
  6. The way to destroy an enemy is to make him your friend.
The only way I will be able to have a good day is to "be transformed by the renewing of my mind." Gotta be out of my mind to be in the mind of Christ. What are WE thinking today Lord?

1 comment:

  1. Editorial note. I believe the quote is, "It's a good day when I don't lose any money and no one dies." I realize I live in LA... :)

    ReplyDelete