"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beauty Treatments

We are bombarded on a daily basis by the media trying to convince us that we are not what we could or should be. They would have us believe that we are overweight and unattractive. Just today I caught myself listening to a commercial advertising "Eraser Foundation". According to the commercial I can just erase my precious crow lines from my eyes in a matter of minutes. I actually wrote down the name of the product. Now that is sad.

Do you find yourself constantly comparing yourself to those tiny people on TV? Comparing your smile to the smiles of movie stars? The world would have us to believe that if we are not a size 2 with teeth so bright that we could light up a room in the dark that we are not beautiful. Unfortunately, most of us believe that.

I am meeting with some very beautiful women on Sunday evenings for Beth Moore's Bible Study - Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman. We are just beginning our journey together and I am excited about what God is going to show us about what He considers beautiful.

I want to share just a few things we heard from Lesson1 video and maybe you can relate or maybe it will provoke some serious thinking in what you consider beautiful.
  1. A woman who wants everybody to think she is beautiful is a miserable woman.
  2. A woman who wants all men to think she is beautiful is a dangerous woman.
  3. A woman who doesn't want anybody to think she is beautiful is a terrified woman. 
  4. And then there is a woman who hopes a few somebodies or at least one somebody will think she is a beautiful. 

I have another description for you and that is - A woman who does have one somebody who thinks she is beautiful is a LOVED woman. There is ONE somebody who thinks you are beautiful and that is Jesus - so know that you are LOVED and BEAUTIFUL.

I will leave you with these scriptures that Beth Moore shared with us:

Colossians 2:10 - So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. (You don't need anybody else.)
Song of Solomon 7:10 - I am my beloved's, And his desire is for me. (New American Standard)
Psalm 90:17 -  And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us:  . . . (King James Version)

Our beauty is from within and you can take that to the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment