"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chosen

In life we operate on a competitive basis. We compete to be recognized as the best so that we might be chosen. Chosen to be the "best". We even have a contest in our local newspaper for the "Best of South Georgia". People are asked to vote/choose the best place to buy coffee, best florist, nail salon, doctor, travel agency, etc. The results were printed in the paper. Does that mean the rest were not good? It might be interpreted that way but the newspaper tactfully advertised the results as the "best of the best".

When I read Romans 11, I might if I am not careful interpret the scripture to read that God only chooses or calls certain ones for salvation. I praise God that branches from "the wild olive tree" have been grafted in to the root of His special olive tree. I don't have to compete to be chosen. It is not about anything that I might do to be chosen.

All are chosen. Called. Not all accept. The ball is in my court.

I am chosen. I am called. I accept.

"P.S. I shared this post on Heart to Heart with Holley."

No comments:

Post a Comment