"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Friday, February 26, 2010

Adoption

Adoption is special. It is special because a choice is made. A decision. A decision to make someone a part of your life.

I am a child of the promise. I am adopted.

Romans 9:8 In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children but it is the children of the promise who are considered to be Abraham's offspring."

It's not my lineage that makes me a child of God. It's not going to church that makes me a child of God. It's not doing all the right things, saying all the right things. It's the relationship. It is those who trust in God and what Jesus has done. It is not about following the rules. It is about never being good enough without depending on Jesus.

Praise God that He made a choice to accept me, not because of my race or nationality, but just because of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment