"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not Guilty

I shared the other day about judging others and how dare I do that because I am not perfect either. I was reminded today as I read Romans 8 that as a child of God that I have been declared "Not guilty". It is because of Jesus that I have been offered freedom from sin and because the Holy Spirit leads me to do God's will. His thoughts are my thoughts. His words are my words. His actions are my actions. And when I do that, guess what I get? Peace! Blessed peace! It's what I want. I think it is what we all want. There is no war raging in my mind or heart. Peace.

When I allow His Holy Spirit to lead me, He can do all kinds of things in my weakness. He can even pray for me when I don't know what God wants me to pray for. Ever been there?

I am called. I am chosen. I am justified. I am NOT GUILTY.

Here's His promise: Romans 8:38 NLT
"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam, I'm really enjoying your posts, your messages get right to the truth. I've posted a link to your message on Freedom on my blog. Hoping you'll get some new readers!
    have a blessed day in the Lord,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete