"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yes, but . . .

Our pastor reminded us tonight during our Ash Wednesday service that we want to serve God and we really believe that we are serving God until we are either asked by someone to serve or God speaks to us about serving and then our answer is often "Yes, but . . . ". What I will I give up during Lent? In the past I have given up various kinds of food that I enjoy - like chocolate or bread - and I am telling you I do LOVE my sweets.

I have been thinking about how much time I waste. This was brought to my attention by a couple of ladies who have decided to not "do" Facebook for the next six weeks. Wow! I was so impressed with that. It really got me to thinking.  How much unproductive time do I spend on my computer?  I get online to check my email, check FB, check a couple of blogs that I follow and before I know it I have been online for at least an hour.

So, I am not going to give up anything. I am going to give. I am going to give time to God. And what is sad is that it will probably be harder for me to do that than to give up any of my sweets.

Would love to hear what you are going to do.

I will keep you posted on what God shares with me during the time we have together. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment