"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just Do Right

I worked under a principal who saw things so simple. When there was trouble and he wanted to discipline or remind the students of how to behave he would say "It's real simple. Just do right."'

So how do we know what that is? By dying to the power of the law and living in the power (spirit) of Christ. Living in the spirit frees us to serve God and not man. God has set laws before us so that we might know right from wrong. Why is it so hard to live in the spirit? I really want to do right and I can't. I want so much to be good and I really try. Paul wrote about this in Romans 7. I have to recognize it for what it is. There is a war raging in me - in my mind.

I recently finished reading Battlefield of the mind by Joyce Meyer. I strongly recommend it. It is easy reading and there are so many encouraging thoughts on how to handle this. She suggests a list of things to do to live in the mind of Christ and explains how we can do each of these.
  1. Think positive thoughts
  2. Be God-minded (What Would Jesus Do? my interpretation)
  3. Be "God-Loves-Me" minded
  4. Have an exhortative mind
  5. Develop a thankful mind
  6. Be Word-minded
If I want to do right I have to change my thinking. I must have the mind of Christ.

These are my thoughts after reading Romans 7.

Blessings to you today and "Just Do Right"!

No comments:

Post a Comment