"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Monday, February 22, 2010

Just the Right time

Know anybody who is on time - all the time - not early - not late. That's the way God is. He is an on-time God! That really frustrates me sometimes. I kinda figure it wouldn't hurt Him to be early and of course never late. But His timing is perfect.

Romans 5:6 "When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners."

Jesus has made us friends with God. Romans 5:11 "So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship wiht God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God." WOW! How about that? A friend of God. Now I know for some that might seem to downgrade the relationship because we think of our relationship with God as so much more. But when you think of a true friendship it goes much deeper than being "friendly". I think I have shared earlier that a friend is someone who you can count on no matter what - they are always there. You might not see them every day or talk every day but you know they are there. That's the way God is - a friend - a friend who has laid His life down for us through Jesus. John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." 

"Friend of God" I love this song. Here is the link where you can listen on YouTube if you haven't listened lately. :-)
Friend of God

I am so glad I serve an On Time God who calls me Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment