"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Friday, February 19, 2010

A Priceless Gift

I know that most of us have received gifts that were special - some more so than others. I would venture to say that some of the most special gifts we received may not have actually cost anything monetarily. What was so special about those gifts? Most of mine have been gifts that involved time spent with someone. I guess one thing that makes time so precious is that we only have so many hours in a day and we take it for granted that we will have another one tomorrow.

In this day and age where all we hear on TV is how bad the economy is and how our government cannot seem to work together for the good of the people, we could easily be discouraged and give up. Our morals and standards seem to be diminishing on a daily basis. We fall short every day. We make mistakes. If I were God I think I would have given up on mankind a long time ago. But then I think of my own children and I would never give up on them. And neither does God.

Romans 3:23-24 "All have sinned and are not good enough for God's glory, and all need to be made right with God by his grace, which is a free gift. They need to be made free from sin through Jesus Christ."

Salvation is a free gift - a priceless gift. We don't earn it. Some would believe: There has to be a "catch" to this. Nothing is free. It must not be worth much since it is free.

Salvation is a treasure. And it can be yours.

If you already have this treasure, share it with someone else. Sometimes that is hard and it doesn't always happen overnight. In order to share this priceless gift, I must stay in a close relationship with Him myself. Sharing this gift often comes through relationships you have with others and they see something special that you have and they can't quite put their finger on it and it opens the door to sharing.

I strongly believe in those relationships. I believe that you must make a friend, BE a friend, and bring a friend to Christ. I might not bring thousands to Christ but I will love them one by one into the kingdom.

God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment