"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Thursday, February 18, 2010

How dare you

I shared yesterday that I am committing time to God and I would share what He says to me. Sometimes that might not be as much fun to read or write. Last week I had read Romans 1 where we are called to righteousness which comes through our faith and a right relationship with Him. Towards the end of the chapter we read where God turned his people over to their wicked ways because they were doing all sorts of bad things and thought nothing of it. They knew the consequences of their actions but did them anyway. What was worse is that they encouraged others to do the same.

So that brings me to today - Romans 2. We judge others for their actions but what about what I am doing. I am no better. Knowing what God wants and not doing it is just as bad as not knowing and not doing. I encourage others to read or study His word but how often do I read and study. I encourage others to get out of their comfort zone but do I. I want others to be sold out to Christ but am I.

I believe it makes a difference based on my relationship with God. I know that it is way too easy to become busy in the world. I don't want to be labeled as someone who has religion but no relationship. I don't want to be "religious" and miss having the heart of Christ. I can be religious about a lot of things but more than anything I desire to know Him deeply.

Forgive me for comparing my relationship with Christ to yours. How dare ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment